After skyTrans first route, licensing will allow local manufacturers to develop infrastructure of poles guide or tramways and pods. This will reduce already cheap costs to less than $4M per Km. This type of infrastructure is less than the cost of the street beneath it.
SkyTran is a missing link between the train, the bus, the privacy of the car and the speed of a small plane. It is adaptable to existing systems;
- Supports existing systems maintenance costs;
- Increases ridership of existing systems through reaching areas not scheduled or practical by bus.
- Municipal costs can be minimalized and affordable with its efficiencies and infrastructure applications.
Capacity of SkyTran per hour
- One single block station (173 meter ) podport of 40 pods each way or 9800 pph (all including 2 directions)
- Two single block stations 19,600 pph
- Three single block stations, 29,400 pph
- Four single block stations 39,200 pph
- Five single block stations 49,000 pph
- Six single block stations 58,800 pph